Is Flutter good for mobile app development ? What essentials are need to be known by app owners , product owners and everyone who is involved in developing a mobile app through Flutter .
Google I/O 2018 fortunately dedicated very much of its attention to Flutter . Almost 25 % of all Google task will refer to this SDK. As technology is chaining on fast scale , apps on Google Play keep on increasing which are developed by using Flutter , and we may say its just the beginning of something great .
Flutter is trending technology and is getting hotter day by day due to its highly demandable usage . So in case you are an app development company involved in developing or improving mobile application , you should be aware about what Flutter is and its Pros and Cons .
What Is Flutter ?
Flutter is Google mobile app SDK , with inbuilt frameworks , widgets and tools facilitating developers to build and deploy visual attractive fast mobile apps on both Android and iOS platforms . Refer official Flutter Website
Flutter is a medium by which a cross platform mobile app can be developed , instead of developing with android and iOS versions of apps separately .
What Flutter uuis giving us :
- The very first thing is it’s free and open source .
- The complete Flutter is based on Dart – which is object oriented programming language which is really very easy to learn .
- Flutter provide its own customised widgets which gives highly performable and customisable engine .
- Flutter has a widget known as rick widget which aids in creating own custom designing .
- Due to the above given features and high performance , it is becoming the serious competitors for React Native and Native App development .
Now lets have a quick look at pros and cons of Flutter !
Top advantages of using Flutter for Mobile App Owners :
When it comes to mobile app development , cost on the basis of time together with awesome UI is all this matters . Lets look at some of the advantages of using Flutter as development language :
- Faster Code Writing : Developers use Flutter for faster code writing and more dynamically app development process . One of the best thing that a coder can do is they can check the changes done in the code straight away in app ! This is called the hot reload which usually takes a milli second and helps codes to fix bugs and see changes on the spot .and thus enabling them to experiment faster . Hot reload is a feature offering designers and developers to check the changes and animation on the spot . Whereas when talking about the native app development , the projects takes usually minutes to build , and developer has to usually wait for every single change .
- One single code for both Android and iOS platform : Yes its possible . Developers has to write just one set of codes for both Android and iOS platform thus saving huge cost of investment and thereby decreasing app development cost. But in case you want to differentiate between 2 app , then you can do that also.
- Testing time reduces : It is obvious that if you have same app for 2 platform , the testing time for developers reduces as they have to test only once thereby proving quality assurance faster .
- Faster Apps :Flutter built apps are faster and does not hang while scrolling down or so and thus gives us faster performance .
- Design loveable by everyone : Flutter is designed in such a way that it allows coders to customise the existing widgets together with designing the existing widgets . Want to see the list of Flutter widget availability , quickly check it out here .
Cons Of Using Flutter
- Still in beta version : Flutter offered by Google is still in beta version , the most recent beta version is launched in April , 2018 which is called Flutter Beta 2 . This actually means Flutter team have not launched any stable version of Flutter and hence may require lot of changes in coding in near future if we launch the mobile app on Flutter as of now . Flutter team has recently said in press release ” We will continue to add improvements on the basis of users feedback and some of the key features are still not available for deployment .
- Libraries and Support Impressive – But still not optimised completely for native app development : Although Flutter is impressive technology and Google has not left any mark in providing helpful libraries but the fact is flutter is still new and not every functionality which you need can be found on these libraries . This means it may be really time consuming in case you need to develop custom module for any specific need .
Winklix Recommendation And Wrap Up
In our opinion , Flutter has more advantages for business as well as development team than risk , but we must wait for the stable version for release for building an outstanding mobile app that fits your custom mobile app
needs and requirement for both android and iOS versions . We are not sure when we can get the stable release version , but may be we have to wait for just some another months to get the stable release version of Flutter.
If you have used flutter , suggestion and comments are always welcomed . We wish you a good luck with Flutter .