A mobile app development requirement document (PRD) will help you guide the basis working of the mobile app even before starting the developmental process . The main purpose of this document is to describe you the purpose , objectives as well as goals of your would be mobile applications . As this document servers you with almost all the clear outline of your functionality in the application , it helps solving the communication gaps and any further delay which arrises later on during the developmental process , and thereby you can focus on the main goals of your mobile app .
For a mobile app development company , its really being a challenging task to include all the information in PRD , but once it is made with care it will avoid any further confusions during developmental process . Let’s look at few of the points below which aids you in writing effective mobile app requirement documents .
1. Keep It High Level
The main purpose of product requirement document is to make sure everything is in proper place . It should be made with highest level of care and it must include even a minor information which is likely to be preset in the product developmental cycle . You must include things like what it is , why you want to build it , who it is for , when do you need it by .
Make sure of using a layman language in product requirement document in order to minimise any confusion later on .
2. Allow Flexibility
It is important to not to include to much details in your document , while it may sounds contradictory statement , but this will aids you to gain flexibility . It is a human nature that if you include to many details at the initial stage it is more likely to be changed during project progress which will unfortunately leads to wasted time and resources . Allowing flexibility to change will benefit you in number of ways .
Avoiding minor details inclusion in PRD and specifying the important things which needs to be taken into consideration will help you cover all . Passing the PRD to development team to make sure nothing is overlooked is a good tip . So the requirement need to be specific with as crystal clear as possible .
4. Include The Team
Drawing a PRD without taking any input from the development team does not make sense . Your team has a vast experience of undergoing with variety of projects and it’s better to take advantage of it . So taking out of idea from different prospective is also proven beneficial for an effective mobile app development documents .
Whenever anyone takes a decision of moving ahead with mobile app development , the very first factors that strikes people mind is the cost of developing the app . But even before going ahead with the app development , have you ever thought of the full defined features that will be present in your would be Mobile application ?
Especially when you are budget constraint , you have to predefine the features to get the exact cost estimate of developing a product .
But inspite of taking into consideration various factors , an app development company or app developers will unfortunately not be able to provide you with exact exact figure of app development cost . As the pricing of the app development depends on various variable elements such as man-hours to be spent , whether a company or freelancer has been choose by you for an app development , on which platform you want your app , ie Android or iOS , do you want the app on Hybrid or Native , technical’s aspects , the location of the development team and so on .
In addition to it , in case you are planning to key in some more features in your app ( which is the usual case with most of us ) which is beyond your predefined scope of work , you have to pay more for the add on features .
We are all aware that when talking about the app development industry , most of the companies follow dual pricing model :
- Fixed price model
- Hourly price model
Fixed Price Model
The fixed price model is best suitable if you have a pre defined scope of work . App development company will give you a fixed cost with predefined timeline with almost no scope in alternation of the project .
In this model , app idea , implementation of features and functionalities , platform on which app needs to be developed on are all well defined in advance . This is specially the case with the project which are small and have low budget . So it is not the touch task , even a small team will be able to accomplish it easily .
But you have to always keep in mind that in fixed price contract do not expect a single , I repeat ” not a single ” change in terms and condition of the contract under any circumstances .
However the biggest cons of this model is you are more concerned about your budget in comparison to what you are getting as a product in terms of quality , which may also results in failure .
Essential Features Of Fixed Cost Agreement
- The budget and timeline to complete the app is predefined in advance with mutual agreement between developer and client .
- The development team knows in advance how to mould the app to give it a highly polished shape and they will focus on app UI designing accordingly .
- You are not allowed to change the features later on , probably not in any case .
Situation When Fixed Price Cost Work Best
- When you are planning to launch a simple app without any complexity .
- You have a limited budget and no other alternatives can be chosen .
- You are planning a Minimum Viable Product or App Prototype to test your app idea
Hourly Pricing Model
A hourly pricing module as the name denotes is based on the manta of hourly pricing . The hourly cost varies from region to region and from one company to another .
For instance say you have hired a single resource in some app development company
for 600 hours , and their hourly rate of what they are charging is $ 25 per hour , then you have to pay $ 15000 to them which is multiplication of $ 25 and 600 hours .
The hourly rate or we can say Time and Material Model is preferable for clients who have a vision to make the app with demand on the go , rather than predefining everything in advance . As you have hired freelancer or company on hourly basis . As you have hired as per your flexibility , you are most welcome to share your suggestions together with using their expertise knowledge on improving the overall quality of product .
The best thing being you can always add on more features as per your convenience .
Essential Features Of Hourly Pricing Model
- The pricing depends on working hours and rates they charge as per their skills .
- The price is not fixed in advance , so it can be higher or lower as per your requirement .
- Not only cost , but timeline of the project is also flexible .
- Client and developer both can give their valuable inputs from time to time for addition as well as removal of any unnecessary features .
Situation When Hourly Price Cost Work Best
- The hourly rate approach works best when you have a clear app idea and you are not sure about validating it .
- When you have a really complicated project with not pre defined requirement .
- When you directly want to get involved with project and desire to know how developers are proceeding with given task .
Fixed Cost VS Hourly Rates : The Conclusion
We have discussed in details about the two popular pricing models that almost all app development companies
follows in present scenario . Every model has their own pros and cons . If you are choosing a fixed price model , you might get a quality comprimisement and not any further scope of changes . Alternatively choosing hourly basis model will always be on higher side in terms of pricing but you can get your product as desired .
It was in the year 2008 when the apps has been introduced in the market , due to which there was increasingly rise in the demand of the smartphones .Now the respective App Store has been flooded with many different kinds of apps due to invention of new innovative technology such as Augmented Reality ,Virtual Reality , Artificial Intelligence and Internet Of Things .
Some of the popular categories of mobile apps are :
- Business App
- Social App
- Corporate App
- Music App
- On Demand Custom Tailored App
What Exactly Is On Demand App Solution ?
On demand app solution
are apps made according to the customer needs of the service provider in order to facilitate their customer . We all must have gone through a phase when we have to actually call on their usually unreachable cell phones to book your services , now you can simply download the app and can book the service .
On demand app development
solution can ease the end user with increasing business . The present living standard of the world has completely changed . We are now very use to our hectic schedule all over the day together with we adjust our work to sleep as it is also important part of our life . But then when will you get a time to buy stuff or cooking ? This is usually the case in most of the countries like USA , India , Australia etc .
People are spending majority of their time in working and travelling and hence they did not get time for working on their personal belongings . That is why increasing demand of on demand app solution has been seen as that app act as a helping hand for their on demand needs .
On demands apps
are built on any operating system like iOS , Android etc . All among these , Android is the most used operating system in the world introduced by google – undoubtedly the most successful operating system .
Why Is Android Platform Best For App Development ?
- Higher Market Share : Android has captured a good margin in market share in comparison wit iOS (Apple) platform . Most of the smartphones are Android phones due to its cheap availability and flexible OS . This is one of the reason being preferred for on demands apps development by majority of business .
- Customisation With Ease : If you have already launched your app in the market , you must be aware that it required a lot of request updates in order to cope up with changing user demands to stay ahead in the competition . In comparison of iOS , Android app offers higher level of customisation . Hence the business will be able to provide with easy upgradation and modification of apps which will ultimately boost return on investment .
- Necessary Features : In any kind of on demand app development , features like location tracking , Maps , GPS , Navigation has become the essential part of on demand function . It has been observed that android has edge over iOS in these features .
- Data Storage : Google android facilitates users with 15 GB storage capacity for free on Google Drive .Along with google drive , Android also has their own cloud storage which is far more easy to access that what is offered by iCloud .
- Voice Assistance : We all must love using Google Assistant ! Is is a personal assistant which works with voice assistance . It runs on your command and data is encrypted .
On demand mobile app are on high demand these days and have touched almost all the industries such as healthcare , beauty , cab system , food delivery and more . Due to higher reach of android market and highly customisable feature offering by Android including voice assistance , easy customisation and more – it is preferably the best choice for most of the business who want to come online .